Do you love small businesses? Are you looking to make a big impact with the work you do on a daily basis? Are you tired of being overworked at your current job?
Then this may be just the position for you!
- Follow company procedures and systems. Maintain independence as to our relationship with our clients and discuss any of these issues or questions with the owner of the firm.
- Supervise and assist the bookkeeper with your monthly clients.
- Review monthly financial statements for your section before giving them to the owner for final review.
- Dress and act professionally, especially when dealing with clients.
- Handle new-client installations and backwork.
- Provide your clients with the proper consulting and tax planning as their needs dictate.
- Manage tax preparations for the businesses and personals in your section as well as for any year-end only clients that are assigned to you.
- Maintain organized income tax files.
- Give prompt attention to any additional projects/taxes delegated to you.
- Provide computer support to clients when needed.
- Offer training to client employees when needed.
- Take a leading role in expanding additional firm services to our clients.
- Help make the company a smooth-running and positive place to work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or EA preferred but will train the right person
- 2+ years’ working in public accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Salary and incentive DOE
A career as a staff accountant can provide you with a stable career, lots of growth potential and a flexible schedule.
Ready to start helping small businesses grow?
- Follow company procedures and systems. Maintain independence as to our relationship with our clients and discuss any of these issues or questions with your manager or the owner of the firm.
- Review and prepare client accounting data and enter for preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Review monthly financial reports for accuracy, completeness and reasonableness.
- Maintain accurate and complete work papers and journal entries in the detailed general ledger to provide an easy and understandable audit trail.
- Assist clients with timely payroll deposits, reporting, and filing.
- Prepare sales tax returns.
- Provide accurate filing instructions to clients for all payroll and sales tax reports.
- Maintain subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances and other accounts deemed necessary by the supervisor/manager.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts as required by the manager.
- Communicate with clients regarding timely and proper reporting and maintain complete and accurate flow sheets of data.
- Prepare IRS and State payroll and sales tax correspondence in a professional and timely manner for the manager to review and sign.
- Return client emails on the same day and be courteous. This is your opportunity to build strong relationships.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for clients as required.
- Prepare monthly practice management reports as required.
- Portray a neat, professional image in the way you dress and communicate with our clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the owner and/or manager.
- Bachelors or associates in accounting preferred but will train the right person
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products
- QuickBooks Online Certification is a plus
- Gusto Certification is a plus
- Outstanding work history (no job hopping)
- Salary and incentive DOE